Every year, SSC announces SSC CGL Notification for the combined graduate level exam to fill various seats in government departments. Lakhs of students apply online for SSC CGL and prepare for the exam without coaching.
From every corner of the country, several students fill the form for the relevant posts. It has been a Deadlock that you cannot crack an entrance exam without going to so-called “Coaching Centres” and spending a large amount of money and time on it. But gone are the days when you had to depend on a person to guide you to reach your goal. Our generation is far more furnished with knowledge and talent. We can do anything on our own. So forget about those fancy Coaching Centres, believe in yourself and start preparing with us that too “FREE OF COST”
How to Crack SSC CGL Tier I 2018 without Coaching?
The first thing that aspirants have to do is to go thoroughly through the examination syllabus. It will give you a wise perception of the paper that you are appearing for and to decide study plan for the exam.
Here, we are discussing the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern. The SSC CGL selection process consists of four tiers. Fundamentally SSC consists of 4 subjects:
Analyse and make a study plan
Make a study plan for SSC CGL 2018. After getting all the details about the Exam, you should analyse the topics in which you are strong or weak. The topics in which you are weak needs more attention and time for preparation.
We will help you with section wise preparation strategy and study plan with important points and topics, to make your preparations easy.
Reasoning is generally a scoring subject as it takes only thinking ability of a candidate. If the candidate is able to apply it, he can easily score well in this section. Unlike numerical skill in reasoning section, you don’t have to learn some formula and solve the question by applying that formula. You just have to be very careful while answering these questions. This section tests the judgment and other skills related to the presence of mind and analytical ability of a candidate.
The most important topics to look out for from this section are Analogy, Classification, Series problems, Ranking, Sitting Arrangements, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Statement and Conclusions, Directions, Blood Relations, Data sufficiency, Assumptions and Direction Sense Test. Questions from paper cutting and folding and mirror images are also asked.
No exact formulas are there to solve the questions; all you need to do is, solve them with logical thinking.
1. Practice daily.
2. Simply use your common sense to solve the puzzles.
3. Make your own formulas to solve questions.
4. While answering the questions related to statement and assumptions, try to solve them imagining yourself as a mature person.
The English language section is the most scoring section in your paper. This section is not only important but also very difficult for aspirants to crack. But from an exam point of view, if you spend time consistently, you can perform well in it in relatively less time as compared to Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning sections. The number of questions from each topic and their difficulty level has remained similar over the years.
Topics to give more focus on are:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- One-word substitution
- Spelling Mistakes
- Fill in the blank
1. You should work on improving your Grammar Part, as the paper is all based on English Grammar.
2. You should practice reading a lot.
3. Make reading your Daily Habit.
4. Read newspapers, magazines, good articles on daily basis.
5. Apart from reading, you have to solve mock test papers.
General Awareness for SSC CGL 2018 is the most important section in the SSC CGL Exam. The SSC CGL GK section is also very long in which if you prepare well, will result in good score consuming lesser time. You may get confusing options to select the correct answers. You have to answer confidently. Make sure you answer only when you are 100% sure, as chances of negative marking are more in this section. Follow the tips given below to prepare GK for SSC CGL.
1. Make it a habit to know what is happening in the world around you.
2. Solve previous year papers.
3. Stay updated with the daily news events and current affairs.
4. Grab the complete knowledge of all the fields given below:
- General Science
The questions in this section are designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidates. The scope of quantitative ability is clearly defined and is limited to class 10th level mathematics. All you need to do is attempt the questions with good accuracy. The level of this section is expected to be of moderate.
The section consists of questions from topics like ratio and proportion, profit and loss, time, distance and work, average, alligation, mensuration, algebra, trigonometry, geometry etc.
1. You should practice all variety of questions.
2. Learn more tables. It will help you in solving questions with a good speed.
3. While preparing, use short tricks to solve the questions.
Time Management of your study plan is very important. Time management strategy is also required in taking exams and which section should be given how much time slot. These things are important to prepare for the exams and crack it with a better score. You will find aspirants saying that they could not complete the test on time or wasted more time on one section and could not attempt the other. Hence, we find it the important part to figure out which sections are important and scoring.
- Study daily at least 6-8 hours, if starting from the scratch and not doing any other work. If working, devote 3-4 hours daily with half an hour on each section.
- Make a Study Plan that will cover your syllabus.
- Figure out your weak and strong sections or topics and work on that.
Revise what you have studied
You have to do the revision of all the topics you have studied. Usually, students don’t get much time to revise but this is the big mistake that usually students make.
- Write down the important things that you need to revise, once you are done.
- Write important short tricks and formulas.
- Write the important events you should remember.
If you are reaching near your examination date, you need to revise every topic and again read and practice the weak zone to counter it.
All the best!
Team Vedanta Gurukul!